Four years ago I launched this Sunday school/small groups blog to meet a growing need in the church. My purpose in starting the blog was to encourage and equip group leaders who teach, facilitate, or guide Bible study groups. Four years after launch the blog has had tremendous success thanks to all of you who’ve subscribed! People from every corner of the country follow it, and groups like The Navigators have included my blog in their email signature as a recommended and trusted site. I am thankful to God for the growth and blessings that come from engaging with you each week. Some posts have gone viral. Over 60,000 views have happened at the site. People have shared the content of posts with their group leaders, others have asked permission to use content to create training events. God is good!
New blog schedule
Starting Monday May 9, I am changing the blog’s schedule of posts to benefit you even more. As a reminder, I get no income from this blog, and I don’t sell your email addresses – it is truly a labor of love so that I can share my experience and extend my influence to help the church. In the past I’ve generally released two new posts a week, but it’s time to make a change.
Upon the advice of a social media expert who took time to examine my blog and my posts/content, I’m ramping up to publish one post per day, Monday through Friday. Here is the philosophy of the daily schedule of posts that starts Monday May 9:
- Monday – Teaching tip (a short post of approximately 150 words); something you can put into action the next time you teach.
- Tuesday – Regular post (500-600 words)
- Wednesday – Book excerpt (about 250 words from a book on Christian education, teaching, leadership, etc., plus a link to it should you want to add it to your library)
- Thursday – Regular post (500-600 words)
- Friday – Links (a short post with links to several items you may be interested in as a group leader – other blog posts from friends and trusted content providers, training events, humorous posts, videos, etc.)
New coat of paint
Upon the advice of my social media adviser, I’ve simplified the look of the blog to make it even more appealing to the eye. Clean layout. Light background. Google/Apple simple.
How you can help
Use the share buttons to share posts in social media like Twitter, Facebook, and other platforms. Blogs grow as people share them through social media, and you can help me reach other group leaders who need to know about the blog. I appreciate anything you can do to help me in this regard! Email the link of a favorite post to people you teach with and encourage them to take a look and follow the blog.
Thanks again for following the blog and helping it reach thousands of group leaders. I am confident the best days are ahead, and that the best is yet to come.