Happy New Year! Over the past two weeks, over 125 new people have subscribed to this blog. Welcome aboard if you’re one of the newbies! Don’t forget there are almost 500 searchable blog posts on the site – just use the Search bar and type in a topic. Hopefully I’ve addressed it over the past 4 years.
I’d also like to say thank you to Joe De Leon from the California Southern Baptist Convention. He’s a church starting leader in the convention, and has asked permission to translate these blog posts into Spanish for churches in California. I quickly gave permission last week and praise the Lord that this content will be available in another language!
Here is how content will come to you daily Monday through Friday:
Monday – book excerpt (Ill introduce you to a key concept and author)
Tuesday – teaching tip (that’s pretty straight forward!)
Wednesday – “regular” post
Thursday – “regular” post
Friday – links to other sites and articles that focus on group ministry
Again, thanks to each of you for following the blog and for referring others to it. So many of you see the tweets on Twitter and repost those when daily posts go live. Some of you use the content to train your group leaders. A few churches are even including some blog posts in newsletters or their weekly worship bulletins! I consider this a great partnership with you, and it’s become a fun and challenging way to extend my leadership in Sunday School and other Bible study ministry arenas.
Now, without further ado, here are this week’s Hot Links:
Podcasts you might like:
- Making Acquaintances versus Building Community (an interview with Mark Howell on the Groups Matter Podcast)
- A Look Back at Church Trends in 2016 (Dr. Thom Rainer’s podcast…excellent content)
Blog posts you might like:
- 5 Greeter Mistakes to Correct in the New Year
- 5 Counter-cultural Resolutions For Every Christian To Make
- 5 Personal Reflection Questions to Evaluate your Year and Start the New Year Right
- The Best Icebreakers to Start the New Year