If you were given a blank sheet of paper and a pen, would you be able to list 10 trends affecting the church, perhaps your church, in 2017? Dr. Thom Rainer could do that – and he does in a podcast in which he discusses ten trends that will affect churches in 2017.
The 10 church trends for 2017 which Dr. Rainer discusses are:
- Renewed emphasis on evangelism.
- Renewed emphasis on practical ministries.
- Increased frequency of allegations of child sex abuse in churches.
- Increased financial fraud in churches.
- The multi-site movement becoming a neighborhood church movement.
- An acceleration of church closures.
- Church acquisitions becoming normative.
- Worship center downsizing becomes normative.
- Longer pastoral tenure.
- The remarkable shift toward continual learning.
If you do not currently subscribe to this blog, take a minute and go to kenbraddy.com – it only takes a minute to sign up, and your name is never sold. You may unsubscribe any time you like.