Tuesday’s are for teaching tips, and today’s teaching tip is all about using a spiritual scavenger hunt to boost relationships among group members.
Create a grid with 5 rows and 5 columns. Write something in each square that group members must have another group member sign if it applies to them. This will keep your group members moving around and meeting one another, learning things they might not know otherwise. For instance, here are some things you could put in those scavenger hunt squares:
- Someone with the gift of mercy.
- A person who has shared Christ in the last 30 days.
- A person who can recite the books of the NT in order, from memory.
- Someone who has traveled to the Holy Land.
- A person who has a worship bulletin in their Bible from the last 4 Sundays.
- Someone who knows what “agape” love is.
- Someone who went to another continent on a mission trip.
- A person who can quote their favorite Bible verse.
- Someone with the spiritual gift of helps.
- Etc., etc., etc.
Be creative! Fill up those squares, make copies, and give one to each person in your group. Set the timer for 10 minutes and turn your people loose to get acquainted with their fellow group members. Call on a few to tell some funny stories about things they discovered during the hunt!